If there’s one thing I’ve wanted to do more, that’s write on this blog, but being a developer, I’m inherently lazy. Writing long posts requires a lot of thinking and posts that contain one nuggets of info are too short to really be published on their own.
So when I saw Chris Coyiers CSS-Tricks Chronicles start, I thought that was the perfect template to take inspiration from. I’ve done just that, just given it a different name. From now on, I’ll try my best to do a weekly post updating you inquisitive people on my goings on and the small tidbits of knowledge I’ve gained.
This issue will stretch back further than one week, just to get you up to speed. ;)
- I’ve just started writing a book-length tutorial on HTML5 aimed at absolute beginners for a large, well known website. It’s going to be rather lengthy and is making me think about HTML in a very broad sense. I like it. :)
- I’ve purchased a few conference tickets in the last month, so if you’re going to Dconstruct, The Digital Barn, WDC, Inspire Conference or New Adventures in 2013, do let me know. :)
- I’ve been trying to make a conscious effort to smoke cigarettes less. Not entirely give up, but lessen my need.
- Lots of work has been done on the new Code By Monkey site recently. I’m adding a blog and other useful stuff to give the site some sense of time.
- Tagging on from that, I’ve been playing around with some new ideas for this site, and general optimizations.